Saturday, August 25, 2012

6. Band: Aerosmith
    Song: Eat The Rich
    Album: Get A Grip (1993)

    Aerosmith is one of the greatest hard rock bands of all time. Not only did they rule the '70s with hits like "Walk This Way" and "Back On The Saddle", but also in the late '80s and early '90s with their albums "Permanent Vacation", "Pump", and "Get A Grip", which spawned some of their best work, including "Love In An Elevator", "Dude (Looks Like A Lady)", and this song. Now, this band, due to its grandiose song collection, gave me a hard time in choosing a song for this list. I've gone through three songs of theirs but now, with this one, I finally feel like I've got it. This song is one this list because not only does it feature one of, if not the, best funky Joe Perry solo I'm aware of, but also the riff during the chorus is better than some of the guitar solos I've heard over the years. Plus, Steven Tyler's voice is pretty prime here, and the rest of the band provides a solid rhythm and the intro's jungle drums are fantastic. Also, the lyrics here are just plain awesome. Enjoy! \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment